The Perennials play many different events. Depending on the venue, the ensemble size can play a big part. The style and sound are two key things when it comes to our performances.
ENSEMBLE SIZES & TIPS
- Trio's / Quartet's [3 Piece / 4 Piece]
- If you'd like music played in the background but you don't want a big band, a Trio or Quartet is a good fit for your event. Shorter events such as Parties, Cocktail-Hours, and Galleries work best for this ensemble. This size ensemble is great to give for those who just . The only downfall is that smaller arrangements are used since we play with 1 - 2 Horns, Piano, and Drums.
- Quintet / Sextet [5 Piece / 6 Piece]
- If you want the sound of Big Band Jazz but don't want a full big band, a Quintet or Sextet will do wonders for your event. These setups work best for Festivals, Reunions, Clubs, and small Concerts. We play the same arrangements as the 8 Piece and the 10 Piece ensembles but some of the charts are simplified for the instrumentation that is booked. However with these size bands, we also add Dixieland, simplified Marches, and Pop/Rock hits.
- 8 Piece / 10 Piece
- For a full Big Band, these two ensembles are a sure thing for your event. This setup works for Festivals, Reunions, Concerts, Clubs, and Dances. They have the same sound as the 1930's-1940's. This being said, much like the Quintet/Sextet, these ensembles add Full Marches, Pop/Rock hits, Funk Charts, and many more noticeable & beloved songs.
HOW TO PICK AN ENSEMBLE
- If you would like a small band:
- The Perennials Quintet is the smallest ensemble that is ideal for any event. Our quintet gives you the Big Band sound without having a 17 Piece ensemble. With this sized band, we are able to play many different genres of music. This type of ensemble can be used to play the music in the background as ambiance.
- If you would like a larger band:
- The Perennials Ten is the most ideal ensemble for bigger events. Our 10 Piece ensemble is great for Concerts, Festivals, Dances, and many more events. This size band will take you back to the Swing Era without simplified charts. For holidays such as July Fourth and Veterans Day, this ensemble is great for the full Traditional Marches; this includes marches from the Armed Forces, Sousa, R.B. Hall, and many more.
Click The PIcture below to go to our tech rider
Set-Up: Generally it takes 15-30 minutes (depending on the size of the band)
Tear-Down: On average takes 20-30 minutes for all band sizes
Power Outlets: Must have at least 1 outlet and it must be working! (We will bring Our Own Extension Cords)
Size of Staging Area: (Trios/Quartets at least 12x12) (Quintet/Sextet at least 18x18) (8 & 10PC at least 24x24)